Thursday, August 11, 2011

My personal Mona Lisa

                                                    Amsterdam,

Jars of dirty water containing paint-stained brushes, my scetchbooks lying around at random, mixing with old plates full with dried out acrylic colors, spray cans and markers, Ami Winehouse singing No More Rehap on my music system, a half emty bottle or Mooi Kaap red wine, cold beer in the cooler....

Working on several paintings and sketches at once...

Almost like being back in my New Star guest house back in tropical Thailand though no Hot Mommas running down my door, bringing along tasty food like barbequed chicken legs, Khao Pat Kung and big bottles of Mekhong with ice and Cola, cold aluminium cans of Le,o here in my other home, Amsterdam, but rain, typical Dutch rain battering against my windows...

Alone in my crappy old house with that steep stair case that always seems to impress and scare at the same time, my http://www.couchsurfer.org/ guests...though none of them around either...not today, today which is a living testomony to another "lost" year in my chaotic existence, reminding me of another year gone, my birthday never having been a day of celebration, more like a day of withdrawing into my own world, going into the more darker corners of my Farang - or was it Gringo? - gray brain mass...

But then these remote corners of that nueron mess are either ruled by the that sex obsessed monster showing me pics a-plenty of erotic posing women, my models in Hong Kong's Kowloon, giggling Thai ladies from the Night Life, Phillipino Hunting Girls....or else confront me with these scĂȘnes of the war torn countries that I was so obsessed with visiting in my earlier years, my old and worn backpack my only friends then...

Small wonder I prefer to spend my birthdays on my own, painting naked ladies or else this sad but strangely smiling personal  Mona Lisa...she is probably having a bit of fun on my behalf... 

No comments: