Friday, August 26, 2011

Teeny Lady memories

                                                   Amsterdam,

Shit three times in a row but did I make a big mistake the other day promising my upstairs neighbours to empty my attic room, a bit of a lumber-room or maybe like a glory hole where my old ladyfriend Mayke stored six or seven cubic meters of personal rubbish after her big eviction day from her house in Amsterdam Noord...

Well, actually, I dragged it all up the four storeys of steep stairs in my crappy old house while Mayke was introducing herself to my neighbors as the new tenant, smoking a big fat Big Mamma joint from the Heavenly coffee shop in the process...

Mayke went nuts again, as she often did before in her sorry life, smoking too much weed and drinking too much booze, forgetting all about her rubbish while enjoying the benefits of her homeless excistence, hanging out with the band of drunks in the park, soliciting drunk old American males in the notorious Amsterdam Zona Nocturna to finance her heavenly dopamine habits...

I seem to remember starting a very own Mayke Rubbish Eviction Day from my attic room, running into crates full with dirty clothes with the rot in it, books from her hippy youth, mouldy and all that as well as a big carbon box full with Teeny Lady packets - lady's bandages you know - with the used bandages carefully wrapped up and pushed back in its original packings...

I seem to remember shying away from that chaotic little room for a long time...sigh...I guess I will have to muster up the courage to get up there again and keep my promise to my neighbors, empty the place, put Mayke's "stuff" with the garabage outside so they can renovate the room and use it as a bedroom for Hannes, their four year old son...    

No comments: