Monday, July 11, 2011

Two Thai monks from my mind

Amsterdam,

With my latest sketchbook Pas De blank pages, full to overflow with the portraits of my customers at the Anne Frank House, dozens of quick sketches of foreigner tourists willing to pose for me instead of feeling bored in the endless long queue outside that poor Jewish girl's hiding place from Nazi swines over half a century ago, the dairy she wrote during her ordail giving people from all over the place the patience to wait in line for up to two hours or even more...

Me, the ambulant streetseller of funny little games facing the line, making my precious Mandalas on the spot and occasionally taking a break from my hard work bending silverwire, sketching my customers as a means of escape from dedicated handicraft labour....

Well, I am sure you get it...my sketchbook is full, no more blank pages and all that...time to start on another one, a new sketchbook, new paper, new material I have to get used to before reembarking on my unofficial art project...

So I did these two Thai monks last night in front of my telly, my markers strewn all around me as is often the case at my Plekkie at the Anne Frank House, a glass of Red Wine standing forlorn among all my art material - it will be a small carton of Vivit drink yogourt at the Anne Frank - and Arnold Schwarzenegger killing off his enemies on my telly using a bazooka that even in his massive hands looks just a tiny bit too big to be realistic...

Hope you like these two monks though...

No comments: