Friday, July 8, 2011

RIP, Tijgertje, my feline friend

Amsterdam,

This is a sketch of Tijgertje - little tiger in my native Dutch -, the castrated tomcat at the petting zoo where I do my little social thing for the neighborhood, shovelling Shetland pony manure, cow shit and even more goat dung, no pay to speak of but great for my Karma...yeah, maybe I will come back a Shetland pony or Blakervelder Friesland cow in the next life instaed of a cockroach or dung beetle for my efforts for the Barrio's little ones...

Though Tijgertje was a very social cat, perfect for a petting zoo, he was feared by most of the farm's mice population who by now probably celebrate his sorry demise on top of the volunteers' breakfast table - remind me to wipe that table thouroughly next time around...

Tijgertje had been quite "out of sorts" lately, looking in a worse shape each passing week and finally had to be put down to eternal sleep...

Adios my feline friend!!!

No comments: