Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Hindustan lady at the Albert Heyn supermarket

                                                 Amsterdam,

I saw this Hindustan lady today waiting patiently in the Albert Heyn supermarket, reminding me a bit of all these foreign tourists that always wait patiently outside the Anne Frank House downtown to see the world famous Achterhuis, waiting for the inevitable emotional cascade when they will experience the admosphere that rules that poor Jewish girl's hiding place, who aspired to become a writer and - as is always the case with artists the world over - became a number one hit years after her miserable death in a Polish termination camp run by brutal Ocrainian collaborators...

Considering the torential rains that have been plaqueing my native Holland lately, there is Nada to do for a determined ambulant street seller like me but to make more games inside my house, waiting for better and sunnier days, maybe take a break and freak around a bit with my paint, my crappy old pensils and pens, my markers and wooden boards, Bangkok newspaper pages still aplenty...
  

No comments: