Thursday, July 14, 2011

Done with the Dead Wino, part two

Amsterdam,

I keep a close eye on the half empty bottle of Mooi Kaap red wine from the Appie Heyn supermarket just around the corner from my house...not a bad wine at only 1.98 in stupid Euros but unacceptable to me right now considering I will have to do my free of charge volunteer job at the petting zoo in mere hours, people waiting in front of the gate for my arrival, the guy with the keys, the alarm code inside my Farang mind, Magriet the lady boss back home counting on my to be there in time, shovel horse manure and goat shit all morning...

I am sitting on the ground of my house here in my beloved Mokum deciding wether or not to drink the other half of that tasty Mooi Kaap while being surrounded by jars containing dirty water and used pensils, tipes of acrylics, makers strewn around at random, Bangkok Post newspaper covered in colorfull acrylic paintings of naked Thai ladies reminding me of my winter stints in that Farang male paradise called Pattaya only two hours and 120 Baht from Akkamai bus station in Bangkok...

But also reminding me of Moo and my latest dreams of her, my Nongshao in Thailand, refusing my help, my Farang money, stupid Euros that mean Nada to me and enough of that shit in my fat wallet for at least a medical examination of her poor health...

But NO...she refused that using stupid Thai logic that despite years of coming to that crazy Asian realm is still beyond my Western trained mind, my gray brain cells going helter skelter eyeing that half full bottle of Mooi Kaap with suspicion and desire alike...

But No...I am done and over with the Dead Wino....have a job to do in mere hours, people counting on me, hungry petting zoo animals waiting for me, volunteers knowing for sure I will not leave them in the rain but open the gates!!!  

No comments: