Thursday, January 6, 2011

Opposite people in my street

Holland, Amsterdam,
06 Jan. 2011.

Despite my hard work at the petting zoo today, preparations to make for my new trip to Asia, and all sorts of other mental tribulations, I find myself back late afternoon in front of the door of the crappy old house I live in, dead tired but unwilling to go up for a power nap...

My way of relaxation, standing here and watch the good looking babes of my neighborhood walk by, a quick chat with some of my neighbors, my sketchbook at the ready for unusual street characters...

Maybe this elderly gentleman, bald head and rolls of fat around the mid section clearly visible despite the eight hundert dollar Armani suit, big beefy face but with a great smile, friendly enough to give me five minutes of his precious businessman time...

Maybe this down and out English bloke from New Castle who usually spends most of his homeless time in the small park around the corner boozing cheap beers from supermarket Spar, the total opposite of Mister Beefy Face Businessman who, by the way, is very happy with the outcome but less impressed with the appearance of Mister Down And Out From New Castle, excusing himself and quickly walking on, on the way to his next multi-million dollar deal I guess...

No comments: