Sunday, January 23, 2011

Another female victim of the Pattaya night

Thailand, Pattaya,
23 Jan. 2011.

A small sip of Thai homemade rice whiskey, a bit like a volcano eruption on my tongue but this lady sitting opposite me here at the small restaurant at mike's Shopping Hall, has got iron lining the insides of her mouth, knocking the stuff down like it is mineral water...

Eyeing me shrewdly she returns to her previous occupation, preparing her afternoon betel nut, rolling a heart shaped Bai Plu leaf around an Areca nut, some tabacco and lime for the taste added, a few drops of that devillish whiskey that, as rumor has it, makes thausends of Thai go blind each year, then pressing it into her left cheek, showing me her black teeth and red stained gums...

I know from personal experience how almost immediately the bitter and astringent mixture will start to do its mind enhancing job with my table partner soon enough spitting out big red blobs of spittle, a look of pleasure on her face while gulping down more dirt cheap home brew rice whiskey...

I try to be devoid of emotions while this fifty plus Isan lady of the Pattaya nightlife is spitting out yet more hastily chewed alkaloids, groping for a deck of Thai sigarettes, still eyeing me shrewdly and telling me while lighting her cancer stick, " me h*rny too much, me like go room you for long time shorttime, only need two hundert Baht and more whiskey", " you like me, yes?" ...

Subconsciously I grope for my Thai Buddha on my chest, my talisman, My Siam Noordu, a gift from Nong so long ago, hoping it will protect me from the crazy long nailed fingers and sex hungry clutches of this down and out Thai Hot Momma who obviously has seen better days but has by now in the latter days of her Hot Momma carreer been spat out by family and relatives, probably spending her nights out of her mind, running after Farangs on the boulevard, hoping for clientele that due to equal amounts of alcohol might not notice her far advanced state of deteroration... mind and body a mess... 

No comments: