Saturday, September 18, 2010

Marga from New York


Holland Amsterdam,
18 Sept. 2010.

This is Marga from New York and probably one of my last customers of this year, buying Mandala game number 1400 and happy enough to take the time to pose for me...

As always when I do a portrait of a fellow human being, I like to hear their life story hoping to understand my subjects a bit better and try to get their stories come out in the portraits I draw...

Marga is in her middle fifties, recently divorced and came to Amsterdam to discover her Dutch roots as well as mentally recovering from her painfull seperation of a member of the Adam human race, having been married most of her adult life but unfortunately no children which she considered the reason of her divorce...

Thanks for taking the time to pose for me, Marga, and I hope Amsterdam will help you to get your feet back on steady emotional grounds...

No comments: