Friday, September 3, 2010

Old houses on the Amsterdam Prinsengracht

Holland, Amsterdam,
03 Sept. 2010.

Under a perfect late summer sun and not too many customers for my one-man Mandala business, I can finally relax, still sitting nearly every sunny day outside the world famous Anne Frank House selling and making my games...take my sketchbook and concentrate on the Amsterdam urban landscape all around me...

Quick and fast sketches of old Amsterdam Herenhuizen, maybe a few drawings of the people waiting outside in a queue that is at this time of year remarkably short...

A good way of attracting attention too, people coming over to have a look-see at my handywork, asking me if I have a webside where I publish this stuff, are they for sale...oh, and what about these funny little games..are they for sale too?

In the end I cycle home with 13 games sold, a free coffee from an elderly American tourist couple, a sketch of old houses on the Amsterdam Prinsengracht - nothing special but some quick lines done with my markers, maybe a touch of water colors tonight...

No comments: