Sunday, September 12, 2010

Old houses on Amsterdam's Leliegracht

Holland, Amsterdam,
12 Sept. 2010.

When the consistent patter of rain battering my windows, finally stops I can give in to my mad urge of cycling to the Anne Frank House, in the hopes of making some last summer time money, more dough, more D'argent or maybe just some pocket money selling my Mandala games...

But then even pocket money, small change in this Farang Land, will go a long way in the Land of the Holy Thais this coming winter, or else just a few spare Euro for a tasty take-away from the Kam Yin in the Warmoes straat, 2 Euro for a cheap bottle of Vino Tinto to while away a boring night in front of my telly dreaming about the Yings of King Bhumipol's realm...

Needless to say my sketchbook is always in my Mandala suitcase, sketching in a tourist district definitely a serious enterprise, a way to attract El Senyor Turista's attention and make the aforementioned colorfull paperwork and nickel stuff go there where it belongs, my ever fatter growing wallet...

And though hope is an indulgence that has never given me enough time in my crazy life, I cycle home with more money made in a few lazy hours as the Anne Frank House's security guards make in a whole day patrolling the queue, scaring off the Westermarkt alcoholics working the line for spare change and aggressive Roma pickpockets..

No comments: