Thursday, September 23, 2010

A first class Israeli Mandala buyer


Holland, Amsterdam,
23 Sept. 2010.

I am quite used to bargain-happy groups of Israeli Mandala buyers, after all the Israeli race is originally a merchant race, always in the mood to bring the price down, having hassled me at the world famous Anne Frank House for years to get my funny little Mandala games for as cheap as possible, often making me feel like they actually insult my handiwork, have Pas De Respect for the work coming out of my own hands...why give people a discount for a product that is sold way under the real price to begin with, a handicraft street product that sells much faster as I can possibly produce them, five Euro a game or three for ten though someone is selling them at La Tour Eiffel in Paris for ten Euro a piece and still making a bundle...

Still, the bloke figuring in this portrait, a jewish family man, father of four well behaved kids, bought four games paying me fifteen Euro without a murmer and asked me if I would like a few spare Euros for a beer later at night...I told him 2 Euro for a bottle of South- African Vino Tinto called Mooi Kaap, would be just fine...

Ten minutes of posing for me was Pas De Problem either...

No comments: