Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday, the 13 th.

Amsterdam, 13-04-2007. "Today is friday the 13 th., man". Hans the Fat Slob told me when i arrived at the Anna Frank House this morning. I know he will go on about this topic for the rest of the day, especially so if his sales will be bad today. We are the only ones who can sell at the Anna frank House and have been for many years. Over these years i have come to know this crazy police informant inside out! His sexist behaviour towards the tourists , his nutcase blabbering and his hatred agianst marrocan pickpockets. I usually let him get on with his notorious bullshit, one ear in and the other out saying yes and no and hoping i say yes or no at the right time, just wanna sell my games and let him do his own business selling his Amsterdam paintings. His police contacts even come in handy at times. I actually had good hopes selling a whole bunch of games to a german school group of turks but in the end nada pasa. Still i went home with 40 Euro in the plus having sold 8 games and some bracelets. Yesterday was a no-selling day for me since i had my volunteer job at the animal farm. Also yesterday i had telephone- and e-mail contact with Brigit, my polish love who had just returned from Bankok.

No comments: