Monday, February 4, 2013

Reasons to take up permanent residence

Pattaya, 03 Febr. 2013.

If I could I would live and prosper right here in Thailand where, never mind that the ideas of the local populace on my native Dutch soil probably would run counter to those of my own, theirs being so dogmatic about single male Farang living it up in the Land Of Smiles...Yeah some very persuasive circumstances talk to themselves in favour of living and breathing sort of permanently here in this Asian kingdom, at least for me...

Maybe I still have some problems with the Thai ways but they inhabit the Nit Noi department in the dusty corners of my grey brain mass with me learning fast and adapting rapidly...adapting rapidly to the benefits of coping with the benefits and ignoring the negatives...

Ignore the notion of Phra Phum, malignant and benign spirits living everywhere, spirits that need placating constantly, Mai Pen Rai that my ladyfriends spent more Thai Baht on offerings, their superstitious believes needing even more local dough on astrologers every week as I spent on Leo beer...

Ignore the pick-up trucks with Naam Som and Rambutans blaring the day's prices from a amplifyer systems mounted atop the vehicle and disturbing my mental peace of Farang mind while sipping my beer in front of my guest house each and every night, the tape vendor down the Soi who probably believes he is doing the community a favour by turning the sound volume up to maximum all day advocating his wares all day and night, Pink Floyd, Supertramp and Thai love songs...

Nong, aka as Miss Superboob, whose place of residence is full to overflow with rotting vegetables, stale eggs, and bread that is so old it has turned to a deep dark green mouldy state, great for the army of ants that co-habit her room but not all that appeticing to my Farang palate, whose goldfish suffer from a severe state of alcohol posoining due to the copious amounts of Mhekong she feeds them each night after coming home from her ten hour kitchen shift, a quick shower and back on her precious scooter touring nighttime Pattaya for h*rny Farang males, poking her nose at Pattaya's tightly brown clad finest which might well earn her a life time membership in some female inmate society some day...

I could go on and on about the negatives of this weird Asain existence but suffice it to say that on some crazy basic level I have come to see it all as attractions in their own right, reasons to take up permanent residence
 

No comments: