Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A fog-like alcoholic haze

Pattaya, 27 Febr. 2013.

I wonder why I have so carelessly ventured back into that danger-ridden territory of the after midnight Pattaya beach shuffle, once again watching the activities of the of a mixed nationality rif-raf which will, as always when I spend my wintery retreats in this Sodom and Gomorra kingdom, be marked forever indelibly upon my memory, the madness of this after midnight beach resort being far outweighed by the very experience itself, a self-chosen isolation from my life back in good old Mokum, drinking Archa bottles of beer, forty-two THB from the Seven/11 to bring myself back into that fog-like alcoholic haze where a self-indulgent mediative state of mind will maybe not enlighten me but muddle my mind even more...

Cute submissive female voices politely inquiring if I am interested in a shorttime or maybe could affort them a can of Leo, a Leo beer is easliy affortable in order to clean my Kharma and inmortal soul of offending my new-found Isan born Hot Momma friends by declining to hire any of their nubile bodies for the remainder of the night...

Watching young rice farmer daughters turned whores passing time while waiting for customers by grooming each other's hair, are they looking for lice?, making up in hand-held mirrors and trying their limited pidgin English on me..

Watching a posse of Kathoeys walking by on inpossibly high heeled platform shoes, a sub-subclass of Thai society and rumoured to be compulsive gossips, giving me the eye but obviously realizing I am no possible prey for them surrounded as I am by the real thing...

Another swig from my Ancha beer, maybe another bunch of Leo cans for my new-found friends, sitting out another lonely night "alone" on the non-existent Pattaya beach  but not interested in returning to the arms of Lord Morpheus...  

No comments: