Friday, February 15, 2013

The concept of face on www.thailandstories. com

Pattaya, 15 Febr. 2013.

I surely need the sweating bottle of Leo to wash away this spicy Somtam, an Isaan papaya salad with super hot chillies and though my palate is not exactly in favor of this local dish I have very little choice but to gulp it down and hope for the better. Face goes a long way in this Asian kingdom and refusing Miss Endu's paid dinner suggestion would and probably will be grounds for a pre-marital break-up and a serious Muay Thai boxing session later on in the privacy of my room, no Boom Boom but Yek Yek Yek instead...

Personally I would have gone for the lemon grass chicken with spicy noodles but my latest Isaan born love affair is paying with a sugar daddy supplied "alimony", so what choice do I have but comply with the rules of the Thai ways...

Thai ways that are obviously too hard for some Farang to understand, judging from some of the malignious comments I have been receiving on my nutty blog stories published on www.thailandstories.com. Nothing new in that department though on that site, still vividly remembering the unconstructive negative comments from last year, grumpy old men living is some obscure US of A state, long since out of  touch with the Thais and their strange ways, having forgotten the concept of face if ever understanding it t all, probably were a victim of the concept of Simsod, returning home like the proverbial knights without their armour, maybe lost their horses as well and in some really naive cases, even their underwear, a life time of saving disappearing in the slender hands of clever Hot Mommas, nothing to do now but spew forth their fustrations on the stories by those more accomplished and experienced in the Thai way of life...

No Nit Noi Sanuk for them but Pas D'argent - by the way that is French so I suggest you buy a dictionary  Mister Hump - upon returning home. No way their negative reactions rub me the wrong way, see no reason to let my irratations run their free reign, to me they verge on the comic...

Feels like Mister Humpby-Dumpby isn't up to anything more complicated but soaking his shoes while taking a whiz in Lumpini Park, even the average Soi Dog would do better in this department, generally full of cr*p the man is probably unaware of the enormous amount of loss of face he suffers with his breach of the Thai concept of face...

I showed his comments to my charming companion, miss Endu who was convinced the Humpback Whale, as she called him, would come back the next time around as a roach, the Thai concept of Karma getting the better of him. Humby-Dumpy the roach with a humpback, a hilarious though really...I need another swig from my Leo here before I collapse laughing... 

No comments: