Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tommorow is departure time.


Amsterdam,

Okay, that is it, less then twentyfour hours before leaving my house tomorrow, and with my house my life here in Amsterdam. I have been a patient boy waiting for my return to the Land of the Thais. I have done my social participation thing working hard at the farm while being treated like SHIT by Magriet, the manager. I kept my cool and my big mouth, I waited and counted my days, weeks, months.

A whole summer of keeping these park shits out of my "new" life, these members of the Group of Evil Friends as I used to call that mad posse. While I moved on to a new life, new more healthy activities, they went down hill even faster. Faster as my jogging in the park or my growing fascination with the worldwide web. They smoke crack like their is no tomorrow, their friends dying all around them. They fall into the canal while drunk and drown like Bone last year.

A bad heart giving up after years of heavy living due to an eternity of mind-enhancing drugs, alcohol and hard drugs, bad diet and rotting teeth. Yeah, that was Little Bob`s fate last year.

I am not exempt from these addictions myself having struggled for what seems like half have my adult life - and longer - with the same problems.

Going on a new trip always helped me to kick the nasty habits being out of the scene and return hoime aftyer the trip to other activities, sports, reading, my artwork etc.

I knew fully well walking down the street on the last night before the new year, to the Heavenly Coffee shop a new period of heavy pot smoking was in the making, approaching fast from across the marijuana horizon.

Luckily this is only a two week addiction with all thew fun that comes with it before being on the plane to Thailand.

Tommorow is departure time.

I will write down some of my expressions of this trip on this blog. The kingdom is riddled with cheap internet cafes so pas de problem there.

No comments: