Monday, January 26, 2009

Back in Krung Thep/Bangkok

Krung Thep, Thailand.

Though Bagkok, or Krung Thep as the thais themselves call it, is chaotic to the max, street hawkers clogging the main thorough fares as well as the smaller sois, cold orange juice at every corner, beautiful wats and temples all over the city and the thai friendly smile beaming at me from all the local faces I see in the course of a day. yeah I really love this city.

My all time favorite in the Banglamungh area provides me with a clean but simple room for as little as 150 Bhat.

I take the ferry down to Pumpini Park fully convinced to watch a few games of Muay Thai boxing at the Lumpini Stadium, meet up with Lovely Joy, my daughter and enjoy the tasty street side food, walk down Silom Road and have a look at Wad Pho.

A quick visit to an internet cafe to check on my mail and cold Leo beer at the Gecko Bar located smack behind the temple opposite tourist district of Khao Sarn Road. A better place for people watching is probably impossible in this City Of Angels.

Tonight I will be on the VIP overnight bus to Kho Samui. 450 Baht or 10 european Euros for a 12 hour busride and 3 hour ferry trip. Now that is a transport price that can`t be beat.

No comments: