Thursday, May 24, 2007

Little Istanbul.

Berlin, 16-05-2007. Four days of free time Brigitta has got on her hands and she wants to spent them all with me, no complaining from me there. She takes me on a tour through the city showing me Berlin. I happily follow her around cycling behind her through a city that seems more like a turkish city with all the shop signs in turkish and all the turkish people in the streets. Wedding is actually nicknamed Little Istanbul. Turkish women wearing head scarves that are not allowed back in their home land but completely accepted here in Berlin, quite the normal thing raelly!!! With all these turks moving into Berlin, where do all the locals go? Is it like Amsterdam back home where all the foreigners move into the city and all the dutch move out to Almere and other cities nearby?

No comments: