Sunday, February 18, 2007

An ominous phone call

Amsterdam, 18-febr.-2007. Somehow i always seem to know when a phone call is not right. But when people start phoning me at 5.17 h. in the morning and persistently i know something is seriously wrong. Since all my contacts here in Amsterdam have my mobile nr. and last week s phone calls were on my house nr. it leaves only one contact seriously left, my family i have been at odds with for well over 15 years. They live in the south, about 1,30 h. away from Amsterdam by train. I know my mum died some 5 years agao and my old man must be reaching his last years considering his age. Old people die but his possible funeral is not something i am looking forward too. I will have to face the whole bunch that is my family, my 2 brothers and my sister. When my mum died i chickened out and skipped the funeral. Maybe that is why i did not take the phone call last week at 5.17 h. in the morning, although phones that start ringing at that time in the morning obviously piss me off. The Gang of Evil Brothers is still out of contact with me, no harm there...

No comments: