Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A day at the Bangkok Zoo

Bangkok, 15 Febr. 2012.

People are born lyers, all the time and everywhere, not just the bad guys and the guilty, those who have something to hide or mabye, something to win...lying almost llike a opportunity activity, lie whenever the opportunity arrises, innocent people lie as do the those that have Nada to gain, whether they are mothers who have small children and are therefore supposed to be a parental role model, office dicks being King Prick in Pattaya lie about their sexual prowess and conquests though there is nothing to brag about their inmoral behaviour...I have heard grannies with silver-steaked hair lie like their was no tomorrow...almost like lying is embedded into the human genetic code!!!

Still, eavesdropping on my Thai table partners while I have my dinners, I find lying remarably absent in this Asian population's conversations, though gossip rules at any time..or else I have to seriously consider improving on my Thai!!!

Back at the Bangkok zoo I am surrounded by groups of Thai school children.all of whom want their portrait drawn, their white shirts and blue shorts or skirts falling modestly just across the knee caps reminding me a bit of the boarding school where I grew up...I really came here to sketch animals, a welcome distraction after a whole week of dragging my poor feet across this sweltering megapole, little Sois full with fast food stalls, locals and tourists alike being busy with their day to day affairs, often totally unaware of my quick drawings...animals are what was on my mind today when I bought my entrance tickets, vividly remembering the animals I take care of the voluntary way back home in Amsterdam, the petting zoo in Westerpark where I do my horse manure, cow dung, and pork shit shovelling two days a week...lots of kids and even more animal produced waste...

More parents, more school children, more facial kiddie drawings but Pas D'Animaux here in Bangkok!!!

No comments: