Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You make me look ugly

Amsterdam,
09 June 2010.

"Why you make me look ungly?", this Canadian tourist lady with Asian genes asks me after I am done sketching her in my sketchbook and show her the result...have to admit though, it is not one of my better portraits but then I WAS attracting quite a crowd sitting on my habitual spot opposite the Anne Frank House sketching Miss Not-Happy-With-The-Result, not even bothering to ask me for the sketch as my Thai models back in Pattaya always insist on, walking away with her nose high up in the air the way only women can, beaming an air of contempt out of her petite body, once again, the way only women can...

Not that I cared much. Apart from the fact I still have her sketch instead of another page torn out of my sketchbook, I also sold eight games to the crowd...easy money in just under twenty minutes, back home in time before the approaching thunderstorm will hit me hard and with no mercy...

No comments: