Saturday, May 29, 2010

A malaysian moslima


Holland, Amsterdam,
29-05-2010.

I watch with mixed interest how Micha the neighborhood,s cop at the Anne Frank House, tells the latest street musician to go and find a different busking place, no way people can work the infamous long line outside Amsterdam's tourist hot spot numero uno, no entertainment for those waiting for Anne Frank, boredom to the max and a 8.50 Euro entrance ticket after spending up to two long hours in an endless queue...

Bejesus, how long have I been sitting here right opposite this queue selling my Mandala games, entertaining those waiting for friends and loved ones still inside the house, keeping the coppers and the Anne Frank private security guards informed of pick-pocket and street robber activity in the area, making money, hard earned dough for my yearly trips to my beloved Thailand....

A young woman, her head covering telling me her Malaysian origin, with two boys wants to buy some of my games...showing her sons how to handle the Mandala game I make a mental pfoto of her face being captivated by the slight tingle of light blue in her dark-brown eyes, surely a good face for my collection of moslima portraits back home...

In the end I sell 19 games bringing the total sold so far up to 318, easy money on a sunny day out in the street.

No comments: