Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jogging in the cold of winter.

Outside it is cold and that white and wed stuff called snow is coming down in droves, big white flakes obscuring the view of the garden behind my house.
It`s not that I object to the laws of Mother Nature, or her whims for that matter, the problem is that I`ll haqve to go through this bad weather later for my usual half hour of jogging in Westerpark, I`m determined so no way this sh*tty weather will be an excuse to stick indoors, stay in the warmth of my appartment.
The big red colored gas heater is located right next to my bed, radiating an ever broadening aura of cozy heat, something to think about while I`ll do my jog.

Not that I`ve any serious rights to complain...think about the other creatures of Mother Nature, the birds and mice that need to leave the warmth of their burrows, a warm and cozy place on a bough surrounded by poison ivy that keeps out the cold...no way there, these warm blooded animals need food aplenty to keep the internal oven going.
The alternative is not acceptable!!!

Yeah, lets think about these things while I do my jog today, sleet in my face combined with gusts of ice-cold wind, slippery snow on the path underneath my running shoes.
My cold might be gone but my nose is still running, and will so even more during my jog.

No comments: