Thursday, November 13, 2008

ARelaxedLifeNowadays

Amsterdam.

The new main library in Amsterdam, located near the main railway station is huge and offers free internet access. Now I might have my own internet at home, still it makes a great break during my daily cycle tours through the city, check my e-mail, some of the sites I visit, that sort of thing.
My daily cycle trips, the fresh air I breath while my legs do their usual job on the bike`s pedals, deftly avoiding racing cars and careless tourists that cross the busy roads often deep in conversation and burdened under bulky backpacks.
Despite the normal cold I always seem to catch at this time of year, I feel quite happy with life. I live in a big house, have plenty money with a good income though I only work at the animal farm for children two mornings a week, The Mary-Jane addictions that have plaqued my life, my very excistence, ever since returning from India thirteen years ago. It has been well over a year I believe since I smoked my last joint.
Even the weird and stangely disturbing dreams that always leaves me covered in clammy sweat when I wake up, leave me dead tired, about ready to drop down for the rest of the day, have mostly vanished.
The "Brotherhood of Evil Friends"....well, I see them occasionally when I go on my daily jogging rounds in the park, from a distance that is, big groups of rowdy drunks that seem to have nada to do all day but knock down cheap Albert Heyn Supermarket beer, smoked overpriced joints and tabacco, quarrel over spare change.
I see them in my street sometimes staggering along drunk as skunks, their clothes ragged and smelly.
Have I ever really been there with them....not even all that long ago actually.

No comments: