Monday, September 3, 2012

Maggie from Buriram

Amsterdam, 03 Sept. 2012.

"I am going to destroy that bastart", Maggie tells me confidently and with a coy smile while she slowly sips from her pint of Heineken, a certain evil degree of satisfaction in her Thai accented english which by the way is much better as that of her Isan contemporaries back in that male paradise called Pattaya...

"I gonna take all his assets, plunder his saving account and make him pay a monthly alimony and force him to fly halfway across the globe to visit his kids...

"I win becuase he is an asshole but a rich one"...

Maggie is actually on her way back to her native Thailand but with a three day stop-over in Amsterdam after living in California for the last five years, divorced from her American Tilac who, she is convinced, will have to support her newly found rich life style into eternity...

I picked her up today from that endlessly long line outside the Anne Frank House, inviting her for a beer in Cafe Prinsen just around the corner from Amsterdam's number one tourist itinary and secretly hoping I had found myself a new model...

No comments: