Sunday, September 30, 2012

My eyes in a pro tem mood

Amsterdam, 30 sept. 2012.

The railway station is always a great place for people watching, international train passengers waiting for delayed departures shuffling up and down on wooden benches impatiently, heaps of luggage like overstuffed suitcases and heavy looking backpacks reminding me of my frequent Interrail trips in my younger days...

I could never be bothered about delays and mistimed departures, my sketchbooks and pencils, colored markers and aquarels happy to come in handy, hunderts of fellow travellers would appear on the pages of my scrapbooks while waiting for trains that would somehow or someways show up eventually...

Train stations are still my favorite places now in my older days when I feel bored to the max in my old crappy house here in Amsterdam West, my new leather coat falling off my slender frame, my blue striped bag, once a gift from Charlotte's mother in happier days together and by now so old the gaps seem to appear like miracles in its ancient fabric, filled to overflow with my artist's necessities, my crappy old bike downstairs in the street awaiting me to get me to that international waiting hall...

My eyes are in a pro tem mood, scanning each and every face, trying to creep into the minds of my unaware models...what is it that moves them, made them choose good old Mokum as a tourist destination, the destinies of their collective lives, where are they going next, what are they thinking about while waiting for yet another european city???

A hooded middle aged lady with a strong american accent wanting to know what I am drawing...it was her as a matter of fact.

No comments: