Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A gruesome menagerie of wraithlike memories.

Bangkok 04 April 2012.

Three big bottles of condensed Chang into the process, sticky rice with papaya and much laughter while her white/brown striped bag with all her worldly possessions, a bunch of spare clothes, some lingerie and a spare pair of platform shoes, is patiently waiting for a place in my room...actually I believe so is my lady drinking partner, lost and alone in that big sweltering Asian megapole where the traffic is horrific and the air suffocating and full with exhaust fumes...nothing healthy for the lungs of a Thai female from up north, from one of the many dusty hamlets in the rice growing regions of the Isan...

Not that I have any doubts Paddie has not been here before in her long life of "me take care you", probably frequent visits to the Thai capital, waiting for the departure of another Farang hubbie from Don Muang but being a bit older as the average Thai hot momma nowadays she has to move around on her own, maybe use her perfect English and reasonably good German to help out younger local members of the race of Eva, introduce them to the Trade...

our stories are rife with memories, memories from our shared past in Pattaya, only mere months ago, memories that right now seem humerous and fun but in years to come will turn into a gruesome menagerie of wraithlike, alcohol drenched females manifesting themselves in evil ways in my dreams that should have no right of existence but will plaque me while being in the arms of Lord Morpheus...plenty of experience has taught me that little fact of my life...

Right now, though, barely a week before my own departure back to Farang Land, memories are fun and produce alcohol induced laughter...Paddie's white/brown striped bag with all her worldly possessions will find itself a place in my Sala Thai hostel down in Soi Ngam Dupli, at least for the next couple of days, after that she will be on her own again!!!     

No comments: