Friday, April 3, 2009

A letter to Letitia

A letter to Letitia, the Chinese lady I met in Lamai/Kho Samui/Thailand.Hi Letitia.

How is life out there in the Chinese Republic? Today we had our first real sunny day of the new spring so I took my Indian - or were they Chinese? - games, went over to the tourist hotspot the Anne Frank House and made some money.

Sitting out there in the sun - twenty degrees - and watching all these people from all over the world queueing up to see Anne Frank`s hidingplace during the Nazi occupation of Holland.

I was making money while watching the free show. Did I tell you about my games, these funny little games I make myself and haver been selling in the street for 21 years now, making money in the summer that I spent in winter in far away countries.

Also I am back at my volunteer job at the animal farm for children here in my neighborhood, cleaning stables and feeding the animals, goats, pigs, sheep, chicken, ponies, rabbits and the like, we even have a big 500 kilo cow and of course our visitors, young mothers with small children all in awe.

Great job with hard work and no pay but then that is why it is a volunteer job. You have anything like that in China?

Yes, I agree we have similar minds, my dear. I sort of noticed that when we chatted on that bench in front of that supermarket in Lamai.

I presume upbringing, race or the sex of a person have to do a lot with what goes on inside a human`s mind. However every so often when I travel I meet somebody or other who is pretty much on the same brainwave as myself.

A bit like bodily chemicals colliding and readjusting to each other with ease and even a certain pleasure.

As for my other travel plans...I would love to get on a bicycle trip across Europe this summer / I presume you followed my cycle trip to Berlin and Eastern Europe / but I take my volunteer job seriously though I have the luxury of no debts or financial problems, I am quite well off at the moment and could go anywhere in the world without a set return date fianancially speaking.

However I am involved with the society I live in here in Amsterdam, I need to do something to make my life in this city worth living for, been something to the world around me. I seem to remember trying to explaiun that to you down there during that relaxing evening together on that plain bench.

Just travelling around can lose its pall, its atractions after a certain time. I have been away on severall trips that took well over a year / one trip to Asia took over two years / and I did started to get a bit bored with it all despite the exotic locations of my travelling.

So please you take care and do not do any things I would not do myself...hehehehe...enjoy your life and keep me informed about your inner secrets.....another hehehehe.....after all I know of nobody to tell them to.

You already know all mine from my travel stories. I do not give just anybody my webpage.

I am sure we weill meet again somewhere in this big wide world, maybe Thailand or else here in Holland / which would mean free accomodation and a personal travel guide to the city, or maybe down ther in your native China with me hoping for the same service provided.

I send you a farang´s love all the way from ancient Amsterdam.

No comments: