Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sweat Dream

AI wake up to the screams of the starling clan that has taken up residence in the garden behind my house. They are preparing for their yearly migration to England leaving Amsterdam to their brethren from Poland.
I`m not yet fully awake, as a matter of fact I`m still in the realm of the dream world. In my dream I`m back in Thailand, about to wake up in a shitty little room of a dirt cheap hostel located in Khao Sarn Road, the busy tourist district of Bangkok.
Even with the fan on I can sense the oppresive heat of the Thai sun promising me a sweaty day while walking around Bangkok, an activity I love while being here.
The voices of young local women doing the laundry outside in the courtyard, invade my dream. They are discussing the topics of their love life. The main character is a young australian male one of them went out with last night.
This is good practise for my Thai and I wanna stay in bed listening in on their conversation, eavesdropping so to speak, but the starling clan in Holland is way to rowdy and brings me back to my own bed, my own house in Amsterdam.
With a start I`m back and fully awake, the sound of the fan gone, these female voices discussing the male prowess of a young and lucky australian tourist, gone as well, the oppresive heat of a new day in Bangkok, gone too.
My body however, is covered with a thin layer of sweat, the sort of persperation that always covers my body while being in Thailand.....sh*t, that was one helluva realistic dream...... not the first time though.
Just two more months and this dream will be real again.

msterdam, 25 oktober 2008.

No comments: