Monday, October 6, 2008

In memory


In september 2007 Bone, born Mark Lawrence David Scott, 13-02-1963 - 18-09-2007, living in the Spaarndammer street neighborhood.
His Mother would have loved to come over from England for his funeral but was prevented from such by bad health.
But she would like to thank all his friends for their love and support during those sad times.
In memory of her beloved son she send us this poem,

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a thausand winds that blow
I am the softly falling snow
I am the gentle showers of rain
I am the fields of ripening grain
I am the morning hush
I am the grateful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight
I am the starshine of the night
I am in the flowers that bloom
I am in the quiet room
I am in the birds that sing
I am in each loving thing
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there - I do not die

On a personal note....I was with him and Rob in the park chatting about life and having a few beers just ten hours before he fell into a canal and drowned drunk as a skunk, not an unusual occurence in Amsterdam.
Rest in peace dear friend,
Always, Hans

No comments: