Monday, October 20, 2008

BackToThailand

Amsterdam, 20-10-2008.

This being the time of autumn, the time of the year that the dropping of leaves multi-colored leaves makes certain people depressive. Well, not me, in just a few more months I`ll be off to my beloved Thailand, back to the country of the smile.
How many times have I been there.....I`ve lost count but I know I`ve enjoyed every trip I ever made in this fabulous country, even the one so many years ago when I got into serious problems and ended up spending 30 days in a dusty rat and cockroach invested police holding cell.
Even that trip was interesting to say the least.
After a whole summer of selling my games at the Anne Frank House, having saved up enough money to allow myself a SUPER GOOD time, two months in Thailand, I feel happy beyond believe.
There have been no soft drug addictions this summer, no stoned out of my farang mind times in my house being inactive apart from my frequent trips to the neighborhood`s many coffee shop buying hand rolled joints at inflated prices, drinking cheap supermarket beers and watching Blokker DVDs that they sell at dump prices.
Instead i bought myself a good ATB bike and cycle the city each morning visiting the public library and making photos of city sights which I up-load to photosites, a new hoppy.
Publishing my travel stories on the internet, an old hoppy that has become new in its design due to ever increasing interest I get in the world wide web.
Two more months and I`ll be back where I feel at home, Thailand here I come.

No comments: