Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Bangkok hotel dilemma

Bangkok, 02 March 2014.

Normally this metropolis's residents go to consider lenghts to avoid having to breath the city's tocix air but me, the Ting Tong nutcase Farang who is always willing to risk my crazy life on the back of one of bangkok' s numerous motorbike taxis, as well as my knee caps and lungs, still I have to give them credit this air needs some serious decontamination, it needs to be chilled and dried and even then it still tasted like waking up after knocking down a three quater bottle of local moonshine whiskey, with the empty batteries of my electric toothbrush making matters even worse...goodbye and Adios, Doei Doei to the richly thickened air, syrupy with the fragrances of frangipani, jasmine and gardenias of kanchanaburi...I am in dire need of a spray can of air sweetener...

Not that I am really sure where in this amazingly big hubble the bubble of human over population I really wanna go, just told the driver to start moving, ref the engine and hit the ever growing jam of Mercedes Benz automobiles, three stoke Tuk Tuks and city busses leaving behind a sackfull of Cancer smoke that would even put Exxon Mobile to shame...

mayve settle down in the Sukhumvit District Eight Area, conveniently close to nanaPlaza and Soi Cowboy where sexually alluring flimflam artists catering to an ever growing army of sex starved pot bellied male idiots, are still on the rise turning the Thai Kingdom into an international Bordello rife with temples, or so it feels at times...

I could take up lodgings in Soi Ngam Dupli but rumour has the nearby Lumpini Park is a heaven for anti-government demonstrators, their tents all over the place and their behind the tree shitting practices have according to the Bangkok Post even chased the the park's population of water lizards back to the sewers they orginally felt comfy comfy in...

maybe the backpackers' paradise Khao San Road should be my number one choice but then I object to the Sihk soothtellers who keep telling what a lucky guy I am and then charge me a small fortune for their unasked for services, somehow that doesn't make me feel very lucky at all...  

No comments: