Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lord Shiva`s Inheritance

Amsterdam,

If I took a well paid job I wouldn`t need to worry about filling my spare time, something to do to keep my head and body active, chase away boredom and henceforth stop these irratating short walks to the neighborhood`s coffeeshops. A six pack of cheap beer and four or five expensive pre-rolled joints...a few cherished moments to get myself stoned out of my head and forget the usual daily boredom of the long term unemployed Dutch male...

But then a well paid job is hard to find, a sympathetic boss even harder...the mind killing job of a production employe, something like eight boring hours a day behind the assebly-line or maybe toilet cleaning with Marrocan inmigrants telling me what to do...no way I am looking for that type of work...

So it is back to cycling around the city, a stop at the McDonalds for a one Euro hamburger for lunch, another stop at the public library to use their free internet and check my mail...

Getting home somewhere early afternoon with a non-planned joint in the back pocket of my dirty jeans, hoping to keep the addiction problems at bay which usually come with a big attack the moment I set foot across my threshold of my house...

Every year since my big trip to Lord Shiva`s Magic Land I seem to have to go through at least one Mariuana addiction a year....Mary-Jane`s green claws having a serious hold on my mental processes, forcing me to live my life dedicated to her Mental High!!!

No comments: