Friday, January 4, 2008

Drying sigarette buts in the microwave.

Amsterdam, 04-01-2008. I had a strong suspicion Rob would be off to his folks in the south of Holland. I mean it`s very unusual not to see him wandering around the neighborhood checking out the parking-automats hoping for some left behind small parking change, looking through the garbage for something or other still worth a few euros to someone, picking up sigarette buts for tabaco - never mind they`re wed by the rain, he`ll dry them in the microwave!!! And yes, I was right. Two days into the new year he rang my bell, a bottle of Red Wine with him as a new year`s gift - he`s the only one of all these street geezers I know who`ll ocassionally bring me a gift, all the other free loaders take and take but you can quite positively forget anything in return. Even when they visit me they never bring beer, joints and/or sigarillos along, they know there is always cold beer in my frigo....That is why Rob is still allowed in my house and the other tomcats have lost the premission to come up my stairs. Anyway, I need somebody to keep me informed of what they`re all up to and Rob is as good a source as anyone of them. He was full about the time he spent with his folks and the week in the north of France where they took him, his time with his mum and twin sister etc etc but I fear he`ll soon be back to his old street life searching the streets for sigarette buts never mind they`re wed by the notorious Amsterdam rain, like I said, he`ll dry them in the microwave.....

No comments: