Friday, August 3, 2007

Glorified long term unemployed people.


Amsterdam, 03-08-2007. Looks like the summer and with it, the good weather has finally arrived to Amsterdam. I notice it whenever i go out to the Anna Frank house selling my games, selling them like sweet pancakes, people sometimes literally rip them out of my hands.!!! Semi-police people - a sort of glorified long term unemployed person all dressed up in an uniform that slightly looks like as dutch beatcop`s garb and with no police power whatsoever - often come over to chat. One could call them losers or one could call them people who at least try to do something for society. I prefer the latter after ll.... my friends are all devotewd to Mister Alcohol and do nada but sit around in Westerpark and surroundings involved in their petty little quarrels that always are over El Senyor Poderoso Dinero, beer and por, tabbaco and bolletjes coke. Rob came over today as well, somewhere in between the glorified police people, yeah GOOD planning ROB!!! Ten Euros in his pockets were mine, he borrowed them yeaterday and a plstic bag with Nieuwe Haring, my lunch. Ten minutes after he left the glorifiers were back. Somewhere in between all this shit i had a lady from Bangladesh sitting n my lap posing for a fotograph, my hands on the rolls of fat around her mid section. Oh yeah and i managed to sell 10 games and some pulseras, that is what i have come out here to do after all.

No comments: