Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hanging out in Krabi

South Thailand, Krabi.

I am slowly heading south to Malaysia and beyond, to sumatra, the new destination on my list for this trip.

Lamai was fun to nothing special in particular apart maybe from the little plump restaurant lady I had a one night stand in my bungalow with. A bunch of german drunks that aint worth mentioning and plenty of cold Leo beer, relaxation and sun.

I presume I could have moved to Krabi yesterday but sitting in the songthaew to the nice little ferry city of Nathon i decided to hang around for one more day on Kho Samui soaking up some more sun and good living.

Got myself a 350 Baht room at one of the many guesthouses but I plan to move to a 150Baht cell like room to morrow, rent a bicycle and explore Krabi and the surrounding area for the next couple of days.

Krabi is not new to me - I was hanging out here 14/15 years ago - but this cozy little backpacker's heaven - ideal for hanging out in before taking the ferry to one of the many outlying tropical islands - might still feel the same, same laid back admosphere, but that is pretty much as far as my memories cocerning Krabi go.

No comments: