Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wellfare

Amsterdam, 31/01/2007. The last day of the month means my wellfare comes in and to be honest, i have been on the fabled dutch wellfare most of my adult life. Don t ask me how i did all these travels, sometimes for several months on end / just had somebody back home to sign the wellfare check for me, thinks where easy in these days / .Nowadays i have calmed down, feel relaxed in this life and happy i have been able to do all these things without to much hard work in this life. I have a volunteer job these days at an animal farm for children just around the corner from my house, a profitable little job on the side selling my Mandalas at the tourist hotspot `the Anna Frank House` in the summer, my yearly trips to Thailand and my bicycle trips in europe, my ladyfriends from the tourist bar downtown and cheap supermarket beer in my frigo. What more can a man wish for. My friends are all idiots and alcoholics wandering the Amsterdam streets for things in the garbage they hope they can sell to second hands shops for some beer money. They always look unkempt and dirty, when they have a house it will by definition be dirty and full with empty beer cans, ashtrays full with sigarette ends and joint ends, often i see some old silver wrappers from chewing gum they use for their coke addiction. All of them on the dole, but then so am i. My life s quality just seems to be slightly better or maybe i have better control. They all call me Shiva.

No comments: