Monday, January 22, 2007

mayke, and the friends

Amsterdam, 21-01-2007. When i answered the doorbell i was pleasantly surprised to find Mayke in front of my door, an old lady-friend and, off late a good friend, i was prepared for a cozy night on my bed with her watching a good movie and drinking red wine. Maybe some interesting talking afterwards or in between as far as i am concerned, however the gods had other plans for last night and they did not cfeel content with me and Mayke together on the bed, the movie, the red wine and all that. Oh no mate, no wAy. I realised that all too well when my doorbell started ringing again, the usual 3 times in short sucession, no need to wonder who that could be, no absolutely not, that is a ringing code i the "Gang OF Evil Brothers" uses when they come over, ah yes, it was them all right. Them and a bag of beers, the cheap stuff of course from across the street, the 39 cents stuff from the Edah supermarket, you cannot get beer any cheaper around here. Well at least we had a good night jamming together, drinking beer -the 5 cans they brought along and all the beer i had in frigo which was a hell of a lot more- i even made them sandwiches, they after all never have money for food. Their money always seems to disappear into this well that has no bottom. Once all the beer was gone and my cigarillos they felt no qualms to try to get some money out of me for a last beer and a joint on top of that. The next morning early when i prepare for my volunteer job at the children s animal farm i found harry s harmonica and Mayke s umbrela in my front room. Sigh, sigh, sigh. Have i raelly become such a loser as them or do i still have some control over all this chaotic street craziness?

No comments: