Sunday, November 4, 2012

Something bankers should try

Close to Valencia, 04 Nov. 2012.

The cacophomous roar of the metropole called valencia seems to rise up up and engulf poor Moi on my bicycle, especially so after all these lonely weeks on my Kross evading any sort of populous human centres on purpose...

Lanes upon lanes of nightmarish traffic crawling along at a slow pace in any direction, traffic jams reminding me of that other metropole back in South-East Asia called Bangkok, cars and busses jammed bumber to bumber with daily commuters, rural immigrants whose heads are full of hope for a better future and totally unaware of the bleak days ahead, sleeping in the streets a very real option for them...

Thousands of cars spewing black exhaust fumes and foul air into my Gringo face, no way to escape it, horns blaring betraying the fustration of its occupants, brakes hissing madly while I enter the city, passing block upon block of ragtag greyinsh appartment buildings, the only real color that of laundry blowing on balconeys, old battered Fords and Datsuns lining the shoulders of a bad tempered road, black porches with raggedly dressed local kids watching the endless parade of iron boxes, latin juvenile eyes darl like coal...

The two big yellow tits of McDonals and a billboard screaming Pepsi Cola at me, paper-bag luggage in Supermercado trolley cars belong to the homeless sitting in city parks, the dirty air of the city washing over me....

Life and death, blood, violence and sex, is it all back and after these weeks of self sought isolation I seem to sense it more intensely as I can possibly remember...

Maybe that was my intention all along, the realisation that this human society is hopelessly nuts to begin with...maybe something those corrupt wordly bankers in their 1000 Euro Armani suits who pushed this so-called financial crises upon us, should try!!!

No comments: