Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My own version of the Vuelta

Amsterdam, 03 Oct. 2012.

The days of hardship and self choosen isolation are drawing close, a twenty-four hour bus trip to the Catalunya capital in a Eurolines bus full with ilegal immigrants has got to be survived first and a number one test to my endurance...

Hard physical excersize trying my own version of the Vuelta , up and down Sierras and Cordilleras testing my determination to the max, spending my nights in long ago abandoned barns and  Pueblos Abandonados where my neighbors will be curious mice and nosy rats always checking out my food reserves at the midnight hourn after I have knocked myself out with sweet to the tougue Spanish red wine...

Maybe a barn owl ridding me off my not so cozy co-inhabitants...

An early morning Cafe Con Leche in small Bares in a country  where every village even when it only has two houses, will have bar. The locals will probably eye me with a certain suspicion while I wolf down Bocadillos De Queso and watch the morning talk shows on telly...

Bares where I will hopefully return after 14.00 h. to enjoy that typical Spanish Menu Del Dia served with a bottle of Vino Tinto, lets get heavy on the food and easy on the red wine...

It is all there for me come soon and be prepared, mentally mostly and get my Gringo ass on that Eurolines bus saturday morning 09.00 h. check inn time thirty minutes before departure...      

No comments: