Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Martine`s personal euthanasia.

Can`t really say I was swept off my feet with surprise last sunday when Sanny informed me of Martine`s suicide - how I hate that word.

I used to work with this good looking and extremely intelligent young woman when I first started opening at the Animal Farm she was my first assistent always present helping me cleaning stables, bringing the animals outside, feeding them and chatting together while having breakfast or lunch.

She seemed an active young lady in the possession of lots of female friends, plenty of boyfriends as she once informed me proudly, no problems with i genetori - The parents in Italian, I`m learning Italiano these days - and serious about her volunteer job with us at the farm.

I did however always notice the cloud of sadness hanging around her, as seemed to have most of her friends...her suicide came as no surprise to anybody...it really was a matter of time.

So goodbye it was today going to the funeral together with several old hands from the farm, goodbye to you poor Martine, Lieve Schat, won`t forget your full laugh and the sparkle in your blue eyes, your unselfish devotion to your work at the farm.

Despite all your activities, your female friends, the men in your life, your ladies soccer hobby you could always talk about so vehemently over breakfast.....

Considering I am mostly animistic in my relious convictions, I can only hope I am wrong becuase if there is no God then there is no heaven and therefore it seems safe to say I will never see you again, not in this life nor the here-after.

RIP Lieve Schat, als er een hemel is vedien je hem meer als ik.

No comments: