Saturday, July 11, 2009

Free drinks at the Anne Frank House

Amsterdam,

It is not all that unusual that my customers at the Anne Frank House give me free gifts like a lunchbag with sandwiche, some spare change - do they think I am begging or what? - Rob coming over every so often bringing me one of these free little plastic bags from the Tweede Mijl with stale white bread with chocolate, hardly worth eating but I accept it gratefully anyway feeding it to the neighborhoods population of city pigeons once he is gone again.

Today was cashing in on free drinks. First an alu can of cherry coke from Mathias, a hopeless German junk with rotten dental work and always wearing a yellow stained pair of jeans - guess where the yellow stains come from - a cup of hot chocolate from a Canadian lady waiting for her friend while having a chat with me. And last but not least a small can of Grolsch - the best Dutch beer in the world - from one of the many local boats touring the Amsterdam canals. They threw me the first can short so it landed in the poluted water of Prinsengracht, but the second can was much better aimed landing right into my outstreched hands - good aim indeed and the can is cooling in my frigo right now awaiting consumption later tonight.

Together with 14 games out and sold I should have no reason to complain, just another mildly sunny day at the Anne Frank House collecting the dough for my next trip to Thailand, back to Southeast Asia while my friends here in Amsterdam are going puple in the face with jealousy.

Easy money for Thai honey!!!

No comments: