Monday, May 31, 2021

Painting Amsterdam Madness

                 Spraycan and acrylics on paper. 82 cm by 60 cm
                                    
 Chambuca...don't ask me what it means or what I had in mind when I did the original sketch last night waking up with a start from nightmare numero Yo No Lo Sé, seeing Kiki on the beach in far-away Thailand surrounded by a huge negative cloud of Oscuridad, the lights have dimmed, have gone out in big Party Place Pattaya, and so have the financial income, El Ingreso Grande De Las Señoritas De La Playa, the fun is over, the rich Farang have gone elsewhere, no more Big Money to pay for the necessary cup of daily rice, or was in Ya-Ba and Mhekong and Honkey Tonkey Whiskey...or maybe there was some truth in all these stories they told me about the dead family buffalo, or dad's massive hospital bills...

Or maybe Kiki was not Kiki but my new Dutch love of the last couple of months here in the New Lockdown Amsterdam, nights of passion of a different nature but free of charge, wolving down the omelettes with bacon and toasted bread the dreaded morning after, all of a sudden they were not so dreaded anymore, pleasant and relaxed chats well into the afternoon before goodbye hugs full of friendship and warmth...have I really fallen in love after Kiki, hard to believe, but NO a single phonecall and a crazy nightmare has brought me back to the harsh reality of my life...don't give your heart away, it brings shit to myself and grief to the other one...

Chambuca, I think I picked it up from one of my cherished Cumbia songs...



No comments: