Thursday, December 13, 2018

Pages from my sketchbooks

" Wat moet jij?", that is what Miss Nim said to me every night when she came over to chat to me when I was drawing on my very special spot in front on Mike's Shopping Mall on the infamous Pattaya Boulevard, surrounded by Thai Hot Mommas looking for customers.

WAT MOET JIJ...it means What Do You Want, a dutch phrase she picked up while living in Haarlem with het Dutch Tilak and good provider ( I might hope)...somehow the phrase, and the lady, stayed in my Farang mind, my gray braincells still trying to make sense of the confusing emotions this 40 year old lady of the Pattaya night life caused in my inner self...

hence the phrase comes back in my drawings every so often these last few weeks...

Wonder if Miss Nim will still be in Pattaya next month when I return or if she has gone up north, back to that impoverished dusty hot hamlet of Thai rice farmers she grew up in...

No comments: