Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Every friday night was payday for my dad and his brothers, cash in the hand as was usual in that time, in the bar in the main square of the village where their boss had a financial interest.
They would come home late at night drunk as skunks. It were the nights my MUM would be submited to really heavy physical violence while grand MA would sit in the back room quietly pretending not to notice.
Me and my brothers would be upstairs in bed pulling our pillows over our heads trying not to hear.

Reaction....

That feels like a painful memory... and I'm sorry. I can relate to the abuse of alcohol. I practice living in the NOW and realizing that the past is over. I'm free. Take good care. :) By Saharis, an Eyefetch friend and female

By Wannabe, also an Eyefetch friend
I was in the same boat guys.
Sandi is right it is over & for our own good we must move on.

AudreyHarwick, as well from Eyefetch,It doesn't have to be physical to hurt, I can remember pleanty of paydays my dad would forget to come home and to put something on the table. I am the oldest of nine so there were a lot of mouths to feed. I got tired of the crap and told him to leave when I was 14. It was hard on my little brothers but it was better than having my dad undermine the effort my mother made to keep us housed and fed.

It is one of the big reasons why I have always had a job and never depended on a man to "Keep Me". That doesn't mean I haven't had my fair share of men, it just means I have them for whats really important Love.

No comments: