Friday, May 9, 2008

lunchbag

Amsterdam, 09-05-2008. I felt pretty worn out this morning when I woke up, after three days of hard work at the animal farm and rising early in order to get there in time I presume there is no big wonder there. Still I decided to to go to the Anne Frank House and sell games - 22 games sold today, this year I might well do good with these funny little games. Only half awake and feeling the hard work at the animal farm still in my bones I see Rob arriving on his crappy old bike - for reasons that are beyond me he loves that piece of rust - ,he always comes over to the Anne Frank House when I sell my games, a small bag with sandwiches from the Schakel - my lunch bag - and the latest stories from the Gang Of Evil Brothers. No lunch bag today and while he smokes a few sigarettes he tells me he has been feeling way out of sorts, nauseated and sick whenever he drinks a beer - we are talking about somebody who drinks 15 to 20 half liter cans of cheap Albert Hyen supermarket beer a day, has been doing so for the past 15 years at least so small wonder there. Rob is the only one of this group of Westerpark drunks I still have positive social contact with.

No comments: