Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mission Barcelona accomplished

Holland, Amsterdam,
01 Dec. 2010.

I wake to darkness, or at least I believe I do, I can see nothing, hear nothing, no heavy snoring from the other people deep asleep in my 15 Euro Barcelona dormitory. I try to move my limps but cannot even feel sensation in my extremities, panic setting in, a horrible feeling of being asleep and at the same moment awake, I feel unable to connect my nervous system with my conscious being, no way to produce action...

I feel like my consciousness is floating in a deep abyss, a pich black void where all excistence has come to an unmovable stop, completely detached from reality and sensations...

Wondering on some semi-conscious mental level if maybe I have died in my sleep in this Cataluña capital with all its Gaudi architecture that I have been admiring so much these last couple of weeks, maybe a stroke caused by that bad quality Vino Tinto I have been drinking night after night in that quiet Jardi where I spent my nights in quiet contemplation, remembering Thailand and my prewvious stints in this Hispanohablante Ciudad...

There is no sound but the pain, a strange sort of tingling, first coming to fingers and toes, slowly invading the rest of my limps, pushing itself upward to my Gringo head, exploding inside my gray brain mass, becoming all of my excistence, all of my mind and being...I try to scream but seem unable to hear my own voice...

Sh*t...I am back in my own bed, my head ache a strong rememberance of the one liter bottle of cheap red Albert Heijn table wine I drank last night after throwing my heavy backpack to the ground, slumping down comfortably in my favorite chair in front of my old Sony telly...happy in the knowledge nobody of the Brotherhood of Evil Friends, the drunk losers of Amsterdam-Westerpark had the bloody nerve to break into my house, no fires leaving this old crappy brick building a heap of charred remains and me homeless in a very cold Mokum...

There are still jagging spikes going up my nervous system, still a breaking hangover from last night but I feel a certain possitive energy entering my mortal body with the knowledge I did it again, another trip, mission Barcelona accomplished!!! 

No comments: