Monday, January 24, 2011

Meeting Moo's parents

Thailand, Pattaya,
24 Jan. 2011.

Nearly two weeks in Pattaya and still no sign of poor Moo, her glazed over eyes, sitting there in her thirty Baht beach chair last year, pining away due to full blown AIDS, open TBC or whatever, still following me in my dreams, my poor little Thai Nongshao in Thailand, the woman that gave her heart to my old German pal Joseph and then lost the protective working of her Isan superstitious Noordu tatttoes soon after his messy death in Yard Lao prison, being spit out by relatives and friends alike, her personal Phra Phum having definetly turned sour on her, bearing it all over years to come with the typical Thai stoical smile that earned the Kingdom its nick...Thailand, the Land of Smiles...

Talking about those past away is supposed to be bad luck according to those undereducated Ladies of the Night, so no info to get there either apart, maybe from a "simple she no here anymore" ...

Back to the Isan somewhere in the late nineties before all that shit happened to us, but more importantly to her!!! Back to one of the few visits she took me on to her folks, her kids, living in that small dusty Thai rice cultivating hamlet where I used the evenings playing Thai checkers with her dad, paying him small bottles of rice whiskey which he drank straight but for a few cubes of ice, no Coca Cola added, stiff upper lip hardly quivering as he knocked it down in huge gulps, his watery eyes peering at me when he asked me "Bok Phom Moo Pen Puying Yangai Nai Pattaya?"...

Some add-libbed question with poor Moi ill-inclined to give him a honest answer...I guess he was pretty much aware of what exactly his daughter number one was up to anyway, didn't need no stupid Farang like me to explain the family's disgrace...

I could have told him "Khao Mai Moo Chai Puying Mai Dee", " Moo, she is not a bad lady", but what was the point, we all have to fullfill our destinies after all, not exactly the first time I mention this is this blog...what goes around, comes around or maybe the Asian concept of Karma...one of the calamities that have befallen me in this life getting mixed up with the Thai way of life as so many other Farang long-timers to Thailand!!!   

No comments: