Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Buddha on my chest

Holand, Amsterdam.

The Buddha pendant hanging on my chest is burning a hole in my flesh no duobt trying to warn me I`m on the wrong track. I`m not suppoeded to be here on this old and rusty boat with Little-Shit-Richard and Rob.

Still having a boat excursion around the canals of Amsterdam is every tourist's dream and even a hot item among the local populace.

The Heineken beer coming out of this green colored bottle is gliding down my thirsty throat just fine while we manoeuvre through small little canals lined by houseboats and small water craft, a heron eyeing us curiously while coots swim away in front of the boat.

The still early morning is crisp and a grey fog is making it difficult to discern details, Rob is blattering away in his heavy Amsterdam accented Dutch about all that has happened these past two months while I was busy in Southeast Asia balling Thai Hot Mommas.

The usual street shit that should mean nada to me, the sort of stuff I had vowed to stay out of when being back in this city that I see now from a boat man's point of view while we move into Het IJ, the big river that seperates Amsterdam Centre from Amsterdam North.

In the end we find ourselves back in my house in the Spaarndammerstr. having a few more beers and I hear more street stories while Buddha has incinerated the hairs on my chest, burned a hole in the flesh of my chest all the way to my heart reminding me of my vow.

When they are gone quarreling about where to get more tobacco, I go back to bed sleeping off my hang-over and mentally making up my mind...tomorrow this new life of study and sports will finally start....no more heavy drinking but a New Life of dedicated running in the park and studies, boredom to the MAX but at least a better and healthier way to spend my days here in Amsterdam, better for my inmortal mind and empty wallet.

No comments: